Join us in the atmospheric setting of the University Church for an evening of festive choral treats, along with mulled wine and mince pies.
We have traditional settings by Pearsall and Vaughan Williams, joyous dances by Praetorius and Tavener, arrangements of beautiful carols from Spain, Germany and the UK, and a show-stopping version of the spiritual Children, go where I send thee by Roderick Williams. A rarely sung piece by Victoria (Quem vidistis pastores) and an evocative O magnum mysterium by the unique French composer Pierre Villette completes a evening of old favourites and new delights.
- Britten: A boy was born
- Ken Burton: Go tell it on the mountain
- Bob Chilcott: Away in a manger
- Cooke: O men from the fields
- Pearsall: In dulci jubilo
- Praetorius: In dulci jubilo a 8
- Ribo: El noi de la mare
- Tavener: Today the virgin
- Vaughan Williams: The blessed Son of God
- Vaughan Williams: We’ve been awhile a-wandering
- Victoria: Quem vidistis pastores
- Villette: O magnum mysterium
- Roderick Williams: Children go where I send thee
Tickets cost £15 (£12 concessions, £5 students and under 18s), and will shortly be available from Tickets Oxford or from the Oxford Playhouse (01865 305305). You can buy them now from members of the choir in advance, or on the door if there are any left ... we hope to see you there!