February 27, 2016
St Mary's Church, Adderbury
From Rutter’s settings of traditional folk songs to Shearing’s settings of Shakespeare with a jazz twist, the repertoire of English song offered a rich and varied musical delight.
The programme included:
- Music to Hear - George Shearing
- Five Traditional Songs - arr. John Rutter
- Songs of Farewell - Humphrey Clucas
- Magdalen at Michael's Gate - H. Walford Davies
- The Pretty Birds do Sing - Roger Quilter
- Die Nachtigall - Felix Mendelssohn
- The Goslings - Sir Frederick Bridge.